Spring has Sprung!
Shake off those winter blues-the weather is finally warming up! We’ve been trapped inside for so long, you may have forgotten all of the great things that spring has to offer! Whether you stay home or get out in your community, grab this spring bucket list and get to work!
· Fly a kite
· Try a new smoothie recipe, like this one:
- 4-5 strawberries, stems removed
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ frozen bananas
- ½ mango
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Puree strawberries until smooth. Pour into a glass (or divide between two glasses). Rinse blender, and then fill with remaining smoothie ingredients. Puree until smooth. Pour the smoothie gently on top of the strawberry puree. Serve immediately.
· Feed the ducks
· Check out Eldridge Adventure Day, June 12, in Elmhurst to enjoy bug hunts, carnival games, a petting zoo and more!
· Go to the zoo-Lincoln Park Zoo, Brookfield Zoo, or even Cosley Zoo!
· Bake banana bread
· Check out the family concert series in Downers Grove at Fishel Park. Starting May 24th, enjoy a different live band each Tuesday!
· Have a game night
· Watch (or participate in) the 70th Annual La Grange Pet Parade on June 4
· Play with sidewalk chalk
· Go mini golfing
· Participate in Family Fun Friday Night at Dupage Children’s Museum. Make bubble wands, wearable wings, and more during the month of May!
· Play frisbee
· Experiment with magnets at the River Forest Public Library
· Touch, Smell, and Taste herbs at Lake Katherine in Palos Heights on June 4.
· Have a picnic at the Morton Arboretum
· Blow bubbles. Try this recipe:
- 4 cups warm water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup Dawn dish soap
Whisk the sugar into the warm water until the sugar dissolves. Add the dish soap and whisk to combine. Go outside and enjoy your new bubble solution!
· Visit a farm to see the new baby animals
· Have a bonfire
· Splash in puddles during a warm rainstorm
· Decorate a flower pot
· Plant flower seeds in your new flower pot
· Make a bird feeder for our returning feathery friends
Most importantly, get outside and just HAVE FUN!