Melissa is one of the most hard-working moms I know. She started Body Back two sessions ago and has been killing it ever since! She is a dedicated nurse by day, and sometimes even night, an amazing mom to 8-month year old Harper, loving sister, wife, and so much more. Even with all those responsibilities, she still finds time to focus on herself. Melissa meal preps every week, schedules time to exercise, even if it is before the sun rises, and comes to class every week ready to go! She is kind, caring and has become a great friend to not only me, but also the other women of our village. They look up to her and are inspired by her energy, dedication, and persistence day in and day out. We love you Melissa and are so happy to have you in our village!
What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
- I really had no idea what I was in for with motherhood and felt clueless about what it was going to be like so I would say I had very little expectations. I have definitely been surprised at how much love I have for her and how different the love is for a child compared to anyone else in my life.
List three current obsessions.
- Reality TV
- Healthy Eating (Attempting)
- Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING
What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
- I love snuggling with her and making her laugh!
Any tips for other moms out there?
- One Day at at time! Most days I feel like I never have enough time to finish everything I want, and it just continues to spill over into the next day!
Share your thoughts on the concept of “it takes a village." Is it important for moms to join a village?
- I love the idea of "it takes a village". I have met so many amazing mom's through stroller strides and the body back classes. I love having people to bounce ideas off of when I have questions/concerns about what to do about this or that or how the baby is acting, etc? It is so nice to be able to workout and chat in a group with other mom's who have hectic lives just like mine! I often think in class, its crazy that I have a ton of stuff to do at home, just like these other ladies, yet we found the time to put that aside and come to this class! I love that I can go to these classes without any judgment on what I'm wearing or what my hair looks like or how many biceps reps I can do! I truly feel like it is completely judgment free!
How has becoming a mother changed you?
- Becoming a mother has made me relax quite a bit! I do not stress nearly as much about the little stuff going on in my life or all the things I need to get done, mostly because I am distracted by taking care of her! It has definitely made me refocus on what is most important and what is not!
Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us (or makes you unique)!
- I am super organized! From a colored-coded calendar I carry everywhere with me to balancing my checkbook at least 1x/week, I need everything organized and in it's correct spot or I go crazy!
What has been your proudest mommy moment so far?
- I think just being able to juggle working out, eating healthy, meal planning, working full time, taking care of a house, husband, baby, and still finding time to spend with friends and family!
What is your favorite family activity?
I love being able to hang out at home with my husband and baby without being distracted by everything else going on.
Favorite FIT4MOM exercise? Least favorite FIT4MOM exercise?
Favorite Exercise: Biceps Curls, but I enjoy any arm workout
Least Favorite Exercise: Burpees and Ladders
Would you like to meet more amazing moms like Melissa? Try a free Stroller Strides Class!